Chloe's Musings

Chloe Melin was born May 7, 2006 at 11:58 pm at Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon. She weighed nine pounds, two ounces and was 21 inches long. Her parents are Ryan and Laura, and she has a big brother named Caleb (although at the rate she is growing, he won't be much bigger for long!)

Monday, December 18, 2006

Green Bean Facials and a Babbling Brook

Well, I'm onto solid foods now (if you can call that mushy goop they serve me "solid"), and I'm doing alright with it. My favorites are the sweet stuff: pears, squash, green beans. Pork isn't so great; pretty grainy in texture and no salt! I'm hoping to snag some good stuff at Christmas-time; maybe Grandma Newman will slip me a couple of perogies.

Mommy says that trying to feed me with a spoon is like a carnival game. You need to have impeccable timing, excellent aim, and the target is always moving. I like to challenge the folks; it keeps them sharp.

About this babbling brook stuff, well that's the fault of these poky tooth things that keep trying to push through my gums. I have two already, and I'm chewing like crazy on everything I can get my hands or mouth on to try to work the others through. The result? A whole lotta drool!

I get my exercise these days in the jolly jumper - now, there's a great invention! I babble and swing my arms and have a great time bouncing away. Too bad I'm almost bottoming out; Mom and Dad are talking like I won't be able to keep using it much longer.

And I've decided I like to sleep, after all. I generally sleep 11 or so hours at night, straight through (at least until Mom and Dad do something silly like taking me to a Christmas party and keeping me up late and throwing off my routine). Oh well, I do like to visit, too.

Until next time (and who knows when that will be),

Chloe

P.S. I hope that no Grandmas are getting their hopes up for a crawling demonstration this Christmas. I am quite content to sit around and have others cater to me. The only moving I do is in circles or backwards when on my tummy (I must have my gears reversed or something, as I just can't seem to get going forwards toward the toys that I have pushed out of my reach. Oh, how frustrating! Maybe I'll have to reconsider this crawling thing...)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger grandma said…

    dear Chloe,
    CONGRATULATIONS on the sleeping!!
    Wow, you're soooo smart! Gran is really impressed I think somebody {S} else is too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home